Stirling remain without a point this season after having two players sent off in a defeat to Albion Rovers on a bright and blustery afternoon in Coatbridge.

Kevin Nicoll saw red for a challenge on Giuliano Morena just before half-time and Paul McLean followed for handball shortly after the restart. Binos boss Kevin Rutkiewicz was later dismissed from the dug-out for words said to the officials.

The hosts had defender Sean Fagan sent off for a second yellow card six minutes from time but by then Kevin Harper’s men had come back from a goal down to lead 2-1.

Skipper Ross McGeachie and fellow defenders Jordan McGregor and James Creaney were sidelined but striker Dylan Bikey was on the bench after signing on Thursday.

The fans’ favourite came come on with 15 minutes left and showed his pace on occasion but it was difficult to get service to him given the numerical disadvantage.

Josh Peters fired Stirling ahead in 17 minutes with a fine strike from distance that went in off the post and we looked a threat going forward and solid at the back.

The game changed completely with the two red cards – Nicoll went first after catching Morena with a late tackle then McLean was dismissed, although the ball appeared to be played against him.

Declan Byrne confidently stuck away the penalty and Rovers won it in 61 minutes when Ross Clarke picked out Smart Osadolor and he smacked the ball in off the crossbar from just a few yards out.

Euan East later missed a sitter for the home team but the nine men were in the game throughout and Danny Jardine missed a good chance to equalise.

The result leaves us three points adrift of Brechin at the bottom of the table, with our next League 2 fixture at home to Elgin City on September 14 following our Caramel Wafer Cup tie away to St Mirren Colts.

Albion Rovers: Goodfellow, Lynas (Scally 53), Clarke (Wilson 78), Wharton, Fagan, Morena (Breen 59), Roberts, Graham, East, Byrne, Osadolor. Subs (not used): Smith (GK), Gordon, McDonald, Krones.

Scorers: Byrne pen 47, Osadolor 61

Stirling Albion: Currie, Truesdale, Thomson, Nicoll, Banner, McLean, Jardine, Wilson (Docherty 29), Duffy, Willis (Bikey 74), Peters (Lowdon 50). Subs (not used): Binnie (GK), Wright, Heaver, Hawke.

Scorer: Peters 17

Referee: Steven Reid

Crowd: 355