Stirling-based King’s Park played in the Scottish Football League before the Second World War but their Forthbank ground was hit by a stray German bomb in 1941.

The first meeting to promote the new Stirling Albion Football Club took place at 54 Wallace Street, premises of TH Fergusson Coal Merchants, on May 10, 1945.

Five local businessmen contributed funds to launch the club and, after consideration of names such as Stirling Villa and King’s Park, Stirling Albion was chosen.

Stirling Albion play their first match on August 11, 1945, beating Airdrie 3-1 in a friendly in front of a crowd of 5,000.

Stirling win the Division C title and are granted a Civic Reception by the Town Council.

Albion’s first season in Division B results in a respectable eighth-place finish.

Albion are promoted to Division A as runners-up to Raith Rovers.

The season ends in relegation but Celtic are shocked 2-1 in front of an Annfield crowd of 25,000.

Promotion to Division A is achieved at the first attempt in a season that includes a 19-game unbeaten run.

Stirling finish bottom of Division A, with relegation inevitable long before the end of the season.

George Henderson scores 32 goals as Albion pip Hamilton Accies to the Division B title.

A shock win over Rangers helps Stirling retain their Division A status. In April, the visit of Austrian side Admira Wien attracts a lot of interest.

A disastrous campaign as Albion suffer 26 defeats in 30 top-flight games. They are spared the drop due to league reconstruction but it proves to be a temporary reprieve…

Stirling amass only 13 points from 34 games as they are relegated to Division B.

An unspectacular season as the Binos finish mid-table in Division Two.

Stirling score a club record 105 league goals as they clinch the Division Two title.

The final league position of 12th is the club’s best ever finish in the top division. A record Annfield crowd of 28,600 watches the Scottish Cup quarter-final against Celtic.

Albion slip out of the top flight despite beating Airdrie in a crucial game near the end of the season, which is covered by the BBC.

Stirling bounce straight back, finishing just ahead of Falkirk to win the Second Division title.

Albion reach a major cup semi-final for the only time in their history and are unlucky to lose 2-1 to Hearts after extra time in the last four of the League Cup at Easter Road. A crowd of almost 6,000 watch Stirling lose 3-1 to Birmingham at Annfield in a match to mark the installation of floodlights. Albion finish bottom of Division One.

The freezing winter means Annfield doesn’t stage a single league game between January 2 and March 9. When the weather relents, Stirling can do no better than finish mid-table.

A total of 47 different players are used in a season to forget as Stirling finish in last place in Scottish football.

Sammy Baird’s side romp to the Division Two championship, finishing nine points clear of Hamilton Accies.

Stirling retain their top-flight season and embark on a historic summer tour to Japan, playing games in Greece and Iran en route.

Tom Fergusson, instrumental in the formation of the club and a major figure as manager and director over many years, dies in April 1967. At the beginning of the season, Drew Rogerson becomes Albion’s first ever substitute, in a League Cup tie at Kilmarnock.

Stirling’s most recent season in the top flight includes a record league defeat of 9-0 to Dundee United.

Stirling come fourth in Division Two in a season that sees Henry Hall sold to St Johnstone and Erich Schaedler, later to play for Scotland, make his debut.

Joe Hughes scores an impressive 27 goals as Albion finish fourth in Division Two. One of the highlights of the season is the visit of Kharkov Metallist for a friendly match.

Stirling cause a major upset by knocking Motherwell out of the Scottish Cup. Bob Shankly, brother of Bill, becomes manager later in the season.

The goals of Mike Lawson help Albion challenge for promotion but they have to settle for third place in Division Two.

Stirling again come close to going up but this time end up in fourth spot.

A crowd of 6,090 gathers at Annfield in October 1973 as Stirling face Leeds United in Billy Bremner’s testimonial.

Alex Smith begins a 12-year stint as manager but Albion can only finish eighth, meaning a place in the third tier in the revamped Scottish football set-up the following year.

There is disappointment as the new era sees Stirling finish down in sixth place in Division Two.

Alex Smith guides the team to the Division Two title. Record appearance holder Matt McPhee scores the goal that seals promotion in a 1-0 win at Stranraer.

An excellent season for Stirling Albion as they finish fifth in Division One.

Albion finish mid-table in Division One but a severe winter means they don’t play a single home league game in January or February.

The club are comfortable in Division One, with 13 wins, 13 draws and 13 defeats.

Albion set an unwanted British record by failing to score in 14 consecutive games as they are relegated from Division One.

The club endure a poor campaign, finishing mid-table in Division Two, and crowds at Annfield drop to an all-time low.

Annfield is sold to Stirling District Council to pay off debts and the club become tenants. John Colquhoun scores 25 goals as Albion finish fifth.

Local players John Colquhoun and John Philliben are sold to Celtic and Doncaster Rovers for big fees as Stirling finish fourth in Division Two.

Stirling make national headlines by thrashing Selkirk 20-0 in a Scottish Cup first-round tie at Annfield. Davie Thompson leads the way with seven goals and Willie Irvine weighs in with five.

The club remain in Division Two, managing only a fifth-place finish.

Stirling miss out on promotion to Division One on the final day of the season, despite a dramatic 3-2 win over Ayr, as they are pipped by Raith Rovers on goal difference.

Annfield becomes the first Scottish ground to have an artificial surface – the opening game is a 1-1 draw against Ayr United in September 1987.

Jim Fleeting has a short but successful spell as manager but the early-season momentum can’t be maintained following his departure to Kilmarnock.

Albion go close to promotion and reach the Scottish Cup quarter-finals, where they are unlucky to lose to Clydebank after a replay.

John Brogan’s team take the Second Division title by a distance, clinching the championship with a 1-0 win at Montrose in early April.

Stirling hold their own in their first season back in Division One for a decade, and in their final season at Annfield. Clydebank are beaten 2-0 in the last ever match at the club’s home of almost 50 years.

Albion groundshare with Stenhousemuir for most of the season before moving into Forthbank in April 1993. Relegation is narrowly avoided with a fine late run.

Imminent league reconstruction sees Albion relegated to the third tier of the new four-divisional set-up.

Stirling are denied promotion in a last-day decider against Dumbarton at Forthbank.

Kevin Drinkell’s side set a club record, going an incredible 27 league games without defeat as they storm to the Second Division title.

Albion enjoy a good season in Division One and comfortably retain their status.

The highlight of the season is a stunning 6-2 win over Kilmarnock in the League Cup but relegation follows.

John Philliben takes over as manager and guides the club to a memorable Scottish Cup win over Hibernian but relegation is only avoided on the last day of the season.

Rarely a dull moment as the goals fly in at both ends but Stirling can only finish seventh in Division Two.

Ray Stewart begins a two-year stint as manager but Stirling are relegated to the fourth tier of Scottish football.

Albion finish second from bottom in Division Three and suffer a humiliating defeat to Gala Fairydean in the Scottish Cup.

Allan Moore takes over as manager and ensures mid-table stability in his first season in charge.

Stirling are promoted to Division Two as runners-up to Stranraer.

A solid campaign sees the club finish in fourth place in Division Two.

Play-offs are introduced in the SFL but Stirling fall just short of the top four.

Albion beat Airdrie in a thrilling play-off, helped by two goals from future Scotland star Robert Snodgrass, to clinch a return to the First Division.

First Division football proves a step too far and Albion manage only four wins in their 36 games as they finish bottom of the table.

Disappointment as Stirling narrowly miss out on the promotion play-offs.

A late charge sees Stirling take the Division Two title on goal difference from Alloa and the trophy is delivered to Glebe Park by helicopter on the last day of the season. Allan Moore leaves after eight years to take charge at Morton.

Stirling Albion owner Peter McKenzie agrees to sell the club to the Supporters Trust during the close season but the new era ends in relegation from Division One and the team go 25 matches without a win.

Greig McDonald is Britain’s youngest manager when he replaces Jocky Scott halfway through the season but he can’t prevent relegation.

Seventh place in Division Three is a disappointment but the season includes a remarkable 1-0 win over Rangers in October and a club record league victory of 9-1 against East Stirlingshire in March.

A fine end to the season sees the team promoted to League 1 via the play-offs following thrilling victories over Annan and East Fife.

Stuart McLaren takes over as manager from Greig McDonald in November but Albion end 2014/15 at the bottom of League 1 and are relegated.