Stirling Albion took on struggling Cowdenbeath on Saturday.

Forthbank Stadium

Saturday, 25 September 2021


Leitch 7’

Mackin 34’

Carrick 83’

Heaver 89’ 

As usual, Ross McGeachie captained Stirling Albion and Jack Leitch, Dylan Bikey, and Dylan Mackin made up the attack in what was debatably the Binos best performance yet.

From the first whistle, Stirling were on the front foot, dominating possession and pressing relentlessly.  The Binos had multiple chances in the first 30 minutes including a Dylan Mackin header that went over the bar.

Nathan Flanagan continues to impress. At some points he was taking on three Cowdenbeath players at once, drawing fouls and creating for his teammates in the process.

Jack Leitch scored the first goal of the game in the seventh minute. After hitting the bar, the attacker was able to head home the rebound for his second goal in as many games.

Leitch once again popped up in the 34th minute, assisting Mackin for the second goal of the game.  It would be difficult to pick out the Binos best player as there were numerous players who impressed.

Cowdenbeath ended the half with no shots on target as the Binos went into the break with a 2-0 lead.

The second half started off similarly as three minutes into the half, Dylan Bikey had a shot on goal which went over the bar. The Frenchman also had a standout performance on Saturday.

Cowdenbeath were able to stabilise things as they won multiple free kicks and corners, leading to a headed effort in the 57th minute which sailed over the bar. 

A spell of pressure from Cowdenbeath spurred on some substitutions for Stirling as Rabin Omar replaced Bikey, Dale Carrick replaced Mackin, and Kieran Moore replaced Flanagan.

The fresh legs allowed Stirling to once again pour on the pressure. This led to Carrick scoring the Binos third goal in the 83rd minute. 

Sean Heaver replaced Jack Leitch and scored three minutes later after finding himself in behind the Cowdenbeath defence, making it 4-0 to Stirling Albion. 

Kieran Moore also impressed when he was subbed on. The 22 year old made an energetic run down the right flank, sending his effort just wide right in the final minutes of the game.

The Binos now find themselves in second place in the league table as September draws to a close.

Up next for Stirling is a trip up north to Elgin on October 2nd.  The squad will return to Forthbank on October 16th versus Stranraer FC.

By Damon Savanelli