Annan earned a deserved win at Forthbank as we failed to build on the recent victories over Elgin City and Queen’s Park.

Watch match highlights on Stirling Albion TV

An own goal from Evan Horne – again playing as a trialist – gave Peter Murphy’s men a half-time lead and Tony Wallace doubled their advantage midway through the second period.

Dominic Docherty got one back in stoppage time but it was too little, too late, on a desperately disappointing afternoon for Dave Mackay’s side.

Albion had played with an intensity in the last two games but this was a disjointed display and means we have lost five matches out of seven in Ladbrokes League 2 this season.

Darren Barr, Darren Smith, Willie Robertson and Lee Hamilton were all ruled out through injury but Kevin Moon returned to the starting XI and new loan signing Ronan Hughes was on the bench.

Kevin Fell missed a great chance to give us the lead when he fired wide early on and Annan broke the deadlock in 12 minutes when Horne diverted a Scott Roberts effort into his own net.

Cammy Thomson might have equalised when played in by Docherty but his shot was saved by Jonny Jamieson and we offered little in the second half.

Tommy Muir had a good opportunity for the visitors before Wallace settled it in 69 minutes, burying a low shot beyond Calum Ferrie after the ball had been flicked into his path.

Docherty halved the deficit in the 91st-minute when he drilled a shot past Jamieson but Annan held on to end their dreadful run of seven straight Forthbank defeats.

Stirling Albion: Ferrie, McGeachie, Allan, Marr (Banner 54), Horne, Moon (McLaren 70), Jardine, MacDonald (Stewart 54), Fell, Thomson, Docherty. Subs (not used): Binnie (GK), Hughes, McLaughlin

Goal: Docherty 90

Annan Athletic: Jamieson, Hooper, Creaney, Wilson, Moxon, Bradley, Johnston, Sinnamon, Roberts (Smith 88), Muir (Fergusson 82), Wallace (Wright 85). Subs (not used): Trialist (GK), Sonkur, Murphy

Goals: Horne og 12, Wallace 69

Referee: Chris Fordyce

Crowd: 502