It was honours even in the first local derby of the season at a blustery Ochilview as we made it two draws in a row at the start of our League 2 campaign.

David Wilson’s free-kick gave us a deserved 1-0 advantage at the break but Botti Biabi equalised and Greig Spence gave Stenny the lead from the penalty spot before Jack Leitch grabbed a last-minute leveller.

Cammy Binnie returned after a one-match ban but Kieran Moore and Dylan Mackin were ruled out and Paul McLean was forced off early on, to be replaced by Aldin El-Zubaidi for his debut. Former Kilmarnock winger Olly McDonald was among the substitutes as a trialist.

We took the lead after 18 minutes when Andy Ryan was fouled some 25 yards out and Wilson curled the free-kick into the bottom corner to give keeper Graeme Smith no chance. The same player fired over and we again came close to a second goal when the home side scrambled the ball clear.

Davie Irons’ men were much improved in the second half and Binnie made a fine save from David Hopkirk, who had got in behind the defence. Stenhousemuir kept pushing and were rewarded with 15 minutes to go when former Falkirk forward Biabi lashed the ball home after we failed to clear a free-kick from the left flank.

Worse was to come with eight minutes remaining. Spence was caught in the penalty area by Scott Roberts and the ex-Arbroath striker sent the spot-kick down the middle and into the net.

Stenhousemuir looked set to gain revenge for Albion’s 2-0 win here in December but, in the last minute of normal time, Leitch turned and smacked the ball into the net after sub keeper Callum Erskine had parried a shot from Declan Byrne.

 Stenhousemuir: Smith (Erskine 45), Tiffoney, Munro, Little, Yeats, Brown (Biabi 54), Blair, Tapping, Hopkirk (Hodge 88), Spence, Muir (McGuigan 88). Subs (not used): Grigor, Watters, Graham, Fairley, McQueen.

Goals: Biabi 75, Spence pen 83

Stirling Albion: Binnie, McGeachie, Banner, McLean (El-Zubaidi 7), McGregor, K Roberts (Heaver 84), Ryan, Wilson, Byrne, Leitch, S Roberts. Subs (not used): Law (GK), Magee, Thomson, Docherty, Creaney, Trialist.

Goals: Wilson 18, Leitch 89

Referee: Stewart Luke