We have no game this weekend after losing in round one of the IRN-BRU Cup but here are a few facts and figures from a memorable August in Ladbrokes League 2 for Stirling Albion…
- Along with Aberdeen, we are the only team across the 42 SPFL clubs with a 100% record after four matches.
- Darren Smith is joint-top scorer in the SPFL with six league goals, a tally also reached by Lewis Vaughan of Raith Rovers. Smith and Ross Kavanagh have both scored in all four of our League 2 games.
- Stirling Albion have made the best start to a season since 2004/05 when Allan Moore’s men won their first five league matches, then drew the next four, before losing 5-1 to Brechin City and going on to finish fourth in Division Two.
- The Binos are the top scorers in the SPFL, netting 13 league goals. Dunfermline Athletic and Ayr United have also scored 13 times.
- We have come from behind to win both away games – 3-2 at Stenhousemuir and 4-2 at Peterhead.
- Nine players have started all four games: Cammy Binnie, Andy Black, Liam Caddis, Peter MacDonald, Ross McGeachie, Ewan McNeil, Callumn Morrison, Darren Smith and Ross Smith.
- Our September fixtures are:
Sep 9 – H v Clyde
Sep 16 – A v Montrose
Sep 23 – H v Annan Athletic
Sep 30 – H v Elgin City