The 2012 Stirling Albion Am-Am Golf tournament came right down to the wire with two teams equal on a score of 123.
The ‘Gaffer’s’ Team under the captaincy of Stirling Albion Manager Greig McDonald and the Port Customs Team headed by Gary McGregor posted the leading scores, with the latter team winning on the better inward half. Twenty-six local businesses and organisations gave their support to the tournament.
At the prize giving, Colin Hunter of Stirling Albion Associates presented a cheque for £5000 to Stuart Brown Operations Director at SAFC. This included a donation to the Eilidh Brown Memorial Fund. The club also gave a donation and organised some golf tuition for Stuart Griffin who has qualified for the European ‘One Armed’ Golf team to play against the Americans in Chicago in October. Good Luck Stuart from everyone at SAFC and Stirling Golf Club.
Whether a winner or not, the verdict was unanimous that the day had been most successful. Thanks are due to all of the sponsors, volunteer helpers, and Stirling Golf Club.
Stirling Albion Operations Director Stuart Brown said:
“On behalf of the Club, I would like to thank Tricia Chillas and the SAFC Associates for their hard work and support in making the day such an outstanding success.”
The final results were as follows:
- Port Customs – 123 (bih) – G McGregor/S Logan/S Laird/J Inglis
- The ‘Gaffer’ – 123 – G McDonald/G Donald/H Clark/D Letford
- The Phoenix and Friends – 125 – S Brown/S Griffin/C Griffin/A Miller
- Papa Joe’s – 129 (bih) – R Carstairs/N Gardiner/A White/T Mochrie
- Stirling Golf Club – 129 – M McMillan/K Stewart/J Todd/G Symon
- Stirling Albion Supporters Club – 130 – S Torrance/P Atkinson/J Young/B Dick
- Red Ball Winners – MacFarlane Gray – 69 – A Skilling/G Callan/S Devine/D Robertson
- Longest Drive Men – I Mailer (Meadows Nursery)
- Longest Drive Women – V Stevenson (SAFC Back Up Team)
- Nearest the Pin at 14th – C McMorran (Gary Morgan)
- Nearest the Pin at 10th – G Symon (Stirling Golf Club)